June 9, 2022
MHOA Quarterly Meeting June 2022
CEUs available: CHO, RN, RS, REHS (50 mins/contact hour) Contact hours: 2.2
New England MedWaste, Middleton, MA 30 Log Bridge Rd, Middleton, MA 01949
CEUs available: CHO, RN, RS, REHS (50 mins/contact hour)
Contact hours: 2.2
Take a tour of New England MedWaste in Middleton and learn about how a Local Health Department and Board of Health navigated the “Site Assignment” permitting process of the first medical waste facility in Massachusetts through MGL Chapter 111 Sections 150A and 150A ½ .
What is regulated medical waste and how is it treated and disposed of at this facility? What conditions have the Board of Health set to protect public health associated with this business?
A second part of the session will include how a local health department and town permitted a food truck court in the community with multiple food trucks, including their food safety program, wastewater disposal, and more! The Day will end with a short tour of the food truck property and lunch provided by the food trucks.
- 9:30 am: Check-in and morning refreshments
- 10:00-10:30: Presentation: Permitting a Medical Waste Facility followed by Q&A
- 10:30-11:00: Presentation: Permitting a Food Truck Court followed by Q&A
- 11:00-11:45: Tour of the Medical Waste Facility
- 11:45-12:00: Drive to Food Truck Court (1/2 mile from medical waste facility)
- 12:00-12:20 Quick Tour of the Food Truck Court Property
- 12:30: Lunch at Food Truck Court (In case of rain, food can be delivered to cars and participants can eat and disperse).
“Please note: Lunch is included with registration fee. Food Truck menus will be emailed to registered participants when available. Pre-ordering will be required so vendors can plan and budget accordingly.”